POSITION: Policy Officer
We have an exciting new role at the QCA to work within our policy division, helping to shape the future of financial markets in the UK.
The role will delve into subjects relating to financial regulation, tax, policy, corporate governance, ESG and public markets. It is a key position which will influence how we help to create a more favorable market for small and mid-cap companies, supporting the engines of growth of the UK economy. Read on for more detail !
REPORTING TO: Head of Policy
PURPOSE: To support the Quoted Companies Alliance’s work influencing policy and regulation
- Coordinate and minute the meetings of the QCA’s seven policy expert groups (made up of business leaders and professionals, covering accounting, auditing and financial reporting, corporate governance, legal, primary market and corporate finance, secondary market, share scheme, and tax issues)
- Conduct desk research to support positions on policy papers and responses to consultation papers from the UK Government, regulators, and other institutions
- Monitor the status of consultations and research any regulatory issues that affect quoted companies, including the collation of statistics on members and markets
- Contribute to surveys on policy and market issues to help inform campaigns and consultation responses
- Communicate to the membership the organisation’s campaigns and update them on their progress through writing contributing articles for newsletters, website, etc.
- Assist the policy team in wider campaigns
- Contribute to the work of other departments such as marketing and events where needed
PLEASE APPLY IF YOU HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- An undergraduate degree in a relevant field (or equivalent experience)
- At least a year's professional experience in policy, research, analysis or report writing
- Good analysis skills
- Ability to summarise statistical information
- Ability to work with a broad range of individuals
- Ability to develop a concept and turn it into a finished offering
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good attention to detail
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills and experience of using a CRM system; and
- An inquisitive mind.
OTHER: This is a full-time position Monday-Friday (9.00am to 5.30pm). There may be instances though when you will be required to attend events and meetings which are held outside of office hours.
Please note that you must have indefinite leave to remain and right to work in the UK.
- An annual salary of £28,000
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 20 days annual leave
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private health and dental care
APPLICATION DETAILS: Please send a covering letter and your C.V. to Jack Marshall (Jack.Marshall@theqca.com)