The Corporate team at Lexis®PSL has published its latest Market Tracker Trend Report, Trends in UK public M&A deals in 2017.
The report provides in-depth analysis of the 90 firm and possible offer announcements made for companies subject to the Takeover Code in 2017. The report includes insight into public M&A trends and what Lexis®PSL Corporate expects to see in 2018 and beyond.
Topics covered include:
- transaction structure;
- deal value and volume;
- public-to-private transactions;
- forms of consideration;
- bid financing;
- UK and foreign bidder activity;
- possible offers (including formal sale processes);
- offer-related arrangements and non-director shareholder irrevocable undertakings; and
- regulatory and political issues, including recent enforcement action by the Takeover Panel and Takeover Code changes
The report contains expert commentary from Selina Sagayam, Head of UK Transactional Practice Development at Gibson Dunn and Adam Cain, Senior Associate at Pinsent Masons LLP. For access to this and other Market Tracker Trend Reports, please visit the Lexis®PSL Corporate blog.
This article was written by Lexis®PSL Corporate. For further information, please contact Kavita Bassan.