The Corporate team at Lexis®PSL have released a Market Tracker Talking Points video discussing current hot topics in the UK public M&A arena. The video features Selina Sagayam, International Corporate Finance Partner at Gibson Dunn, and Kavita Bassan, a member of the Lexis®PSL Corporate team.
The video focuses on:
- trends examined in our recent Market Tracker public M&A trend report, 'Tracking the market: Trends in UK public M&A for the first half of 2014', including:
- the domination of the UK public M&A market by foreign bidders, and
- the dampening of bid activity fuelled by US tax inversion strategies and other tax benefits such as the UK patent box scheme
- repercussions of Pfizer's hostile bid for the UK's AstraZeneca, including:
- Government proposals for the introduction of another public interest test
- whether or not hostile foreign bids require greater policing than other takeover bids, and
- the Takeover Panel's proposals in relation to post-offer undertakings and statements of intention
An accompanying in-depth summary of the topics covered in the video is also available on the LexisPSL Corporate blog.
This article was written by Lexis®PSL.