The Quoted Companies Alliance (QCA), the independent membership organisation that champions the interests of small to mid-size quoted companies, held its AGM on 3 October 2017. The membership ratified the appointment of 2 directors and re-elected 5 existing directors.
The composition of the board reflects the importance for the QCA to address challenges across the small and mid-cap ecosystem including Brexit, the future of growth markets and the developing nature of market regulation.
QCA members ratified the appointment of the following directors:
- James Brotherton, Chief Financial Officer, Tyman PLC
- Adam McConkey, Portfolio Manager, Lombard Odier Asset Management (Europe) Limited
Directors re-elected for a further term of 3 years by the members of the Quoted Companies Alliance are:
- Michael Higgins, Chairman of Ebiquity PLC, and Non-Executive Director of Plant Health Care PLC and Progility PLC
- Alan Newman, Chief Financial Officer, YouGov PLC
- Sam Smith, Chief Executive Officer, finnCap
- Richard (Dick) Steele, Chairman, Portmeirion Group PLC
- Gervais Williams, Senior Executive Director and Fund Manager, Miton Group PLC
Harry Hyman, Managing Director, Primary Health Properties has stepped down from the board.
Gervais Williams, Chairman of the Quoted Companies Alliance said: “My first year as Chairman has seen the QCA continuing to face up to many issues, with Brexit and MiFID added to the long list. The board has played an active and constructive part in challenging our approach on these issues together with the inevitable wave of legislation that will follow. This is a reflection of the quality of our board and its composition. The next year will see the QCA addressing similar challenges which I am sure we will meet with determination and to good effect for our members. I’d like to take this opportunity to thank Harry Hyman for his significant contribution to the board over the last 11 years. His experience and advice have been invaluable.”
Click here to download the release (pdf)