Our half day online workshop, in partnership with NEDA aims to show you how to be an effective Audit Committee.
An effective Audit Committee is an essential part of an effective Board. It is fundamental that the Audit Committee acts as an oversight sub-committee of the Board, reflective of its constitution, considering and challenging, and not itself performing relevant processes.
The Audit Committee has come under closer scrutiny, especially in the context of corporate governance reforms, and expectations of its role are now much higher. The activities of the Committee can also much broader incorporating areas such as whistleblowing, internal investigations and interacting and overseeing internal audit and other related assurance work.
- Consider how to be an ‘effective’ Audit Committee
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of Committee members
- Determine the level of internal focus needed on risk management and internal control
- Assess the external focus required on the corporate reporting cycle and relationships with the external auditors
- Review the make-up of the annual Audit Committee Report, especially the constituents of a good report
- Gain insight into the latest trends and developments
Your registration information will be shared with NEDA as part of the logistics of running the event.
Date: Thursday 14 December 2023
Timings: 9.30am – 1.30pm
This event is for Members of the Audit Committee.