The Quoted Companies Alliance, the independent membership organisation that champions the interests of small to mid-size quoted companies, announces the re-appointment of six directors to its board following its Annual General Meeting on 7 October 2014.
The members of the Quoted Companies have re-elected the following board directors:
- Michael Higgins, Chairman of the Quoted Companies and of Ebiquity plc and Dods Group plc, as well as non-executive director of Plant Health Care plc, Arria NLG and Progility plc;
- Jeremy Landau, Senior Corporate Partner at K&L Gates LLP;
- Alan Newman, Chief Financial Officer of YouGov plc;
- Julian Palfreyman, Chief Executive of Winterflood Securities;
- Richard Steele, Non-Executive Chairman of Portmeirion Group plc; and
- Gervais Williams, Managing Director of Miton Group plc.
The appointment of Sam Smith to the board as of May 2014 was also ratified and confirmed. Sam Smith is Chief Executive Officer of finnCap, an independent broker for growth companies. Sam founded finnCap in 2007, leading the buyout of JM Finn’s small-cap corporate advisory and broking division. She started her career in 1998 when she joined the private client broker JM Finn, after qualifying as a chartered accountant with KPMG. In April 2010, Sam completed the purchase of the remaining shareholding from JM Finn. finnCap is now one of the leading and fastest-growing independent brokers in the UK.
Paul Clarke, Non-Executive Director of the Thistle Pub Company, stepped down from the board. Paul was on the Quoted Companies Alliance’s board for nine years and was Deputy Chairman of the organisation from 2007 until 2011.
Tim Ward, Chief Executive of the Quoted Companies Alliance, commenting on the board appointments said: “The Quoted Companies Alliance has a strong board of directors, made up of individuals who bring a wealth of experience in the small and mid-size quoted company sector. It is great to see them continuing on the Quoted Companies Alliance board and showing their dedication to helping create an environment in which small and mid-size quoted companies can continue to grow and create wealth and employment in the UK.
“I would also like to thank Paul Clarke for his nine years of service on the Quoted Companies Alliance board. His enthusiasm and experience as a quoted company director has been invaluable.”