The Quoted Companies Alliance (“QCA”, “We”, “Us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy together with our terms and conditions sets out the basis on which any personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. The term “personal information” means information about an identifiable individual, which includes name, address, e-mail address, telephone number and other information relating to an individual. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Quoted Companies Alliance (company number 4025281) whose registered office is at 2nd Floor, 6 Kinghorn Street, London, EC1A 7HW.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process personal information (including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, email address, credit card information and information about the organisation you are employed by) when you:
- Provide information by filling in forms on our site www.theqca.com (“our Site”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Site, registering for membership, booking onto an event, subscribing to our services, purchasing products/services or amending your membership information;
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence; and
- Details of your visits to our Site and the resources that you access.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical information about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our Site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our Site.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Payment for all services on our Site will be made via a third party payment provider, Sage Pay. You will be required to submit your payment details to such third party provider and you may also be required to accept additional terms and conditions in relation to the use of that service. Our current payment service provider is Sage Pay and information about Sage Pay’s services can be found at www.sagepay.com/shoppers.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use personal information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To allow you to review and amend personal information stored on our Site; and
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your personal information, or permit selected third parties to use your personal information, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit third parties to use your data for marketing purposes, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your information in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If QCA or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of QCA, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your information) if we intend to use your information for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data on our Site. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting the Head of Marketing and Events by post at 2nd Floor, 6 Kinghorn Street, London, EC1A 7HW or by email at email@example.com.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.