Leading fund managers will discuss how growth businesses can best secure institutional investor support at a landmark event in London this month. The debate will take place at Engineering Growth for Small and Mid-Cap Companies, the first conference of the Quoted Companies Alliance, the independent membership organisation that champions the needs of small to mid-size quoted companies, on 27 June 2012 at the Grange St Paul's Hotel.
Three leading small and mid-cap institutional investors – Adam McConkey, Fund Manager at Henderson Global Investors Ltd, Judith MacKenzie, Fund Manager at Downing, and Andrew Buchanan, Fund Manager at Octopus Investment – will be taking part in this afternoon session. The debate will focus on what is catching their attention, what is important to them when considering whether to invest, and how the small and mid-cap sector can attract more investment.
This fund manager debate is one of several sessions taking place at the Quoted Companies Alliance conference, which will bring together companies, investors and advisers in the small and mid-cap sector. Other sessions include equity markets and growth, the role of reporting in facilitating growth, corporate governance and shareholder engagement and alternative forms of finance for growing companies. There is, simply, no comparable all-day event focused solely on small and mid-cap companies and how to fuel their growth.
The keynote speaker, David Gauke MP, Exchequer Secretary to the Treasury, will open the day, providing insight into what actions the Government is taking to fuel growth for small and mid-cap companies. Other confirmed speakers include:
- Dr. Kay Swinburne, MEP for Wales in Europe
- Nadhim Zahawi MP, Conservative MP for Stratford on Avon and co-founder and former Chief Executive of YouGov plc
- Stephen Haddrill, Chief Executive of the Financial Reporting Council
- Patricia McConnell, Board Member of the International Accounting Standards Board
- Tim Goodman, Associate Director at Hermes Equity Ownership Services Ltd
- Sarah Wilson, Chief Executive and Founder of Manifest
- Andy Brough, Fund Manager at Schroders
- Julian Palfreyman, Chief Executive Officer of Winterflood Securities
- Michael Higgins, Chairman of Ebiquity plc
- Alan Newman, Chief Financial Officer of YouGov plc
- John Kent, Deputy Chief Executive of City of London Group plc
Engineering Growth for Small and Mid-Cap Companies is supported by leading professional firms in the small and mid-cap sector. Gold sponsors are Crowe Clark Whitehill LLP and Winterflood Securities Ltd. Silver sponsors are Hogan Lovells International LLP, Capita Registrars Ltd, FTSE International Ltd, Lloyds Bank, TheCityUK and YouGov plc.
Tim Ward, Chief Executive of the Quoted Companies Alliance, comments: “Investment is the fuel needed to secure further growth of small and mid-cap quoted companies. At our conference, we are providing the unique opportunity to hear directly from those that make the investment decisions and how they make them. In the current market, where raising finance is vital but more difficult to come across, our fund manager debate and the rest of the conference’s sessions are not to be missed.”
More information about the Quoted Companies Alliance’s conference is available at: https://www.theqca.com/events/annual-events/conference-2012/