On the 20th September the QCA held a Company Secretary Dinner which was sponsored by Shakespeare Martineau and featured guest speaker, Amy Wilson from EOS of Federated Hermes.
The evening focused on current issues faced by Company Secretaries and developed into a lively debate. The following topics were discussed:
- The value of and expectations on Company Secretaries
- Small and mid-cap resource restraints
- The impact and influence of proxy advisors
- Emerging ESG policies
- Board performance and composition
In particular, further information can be found relating to the discussion around ESG in the following links:
- The Government Response towards Mandatory climate-related financial disclosures.
- Non-binding guidance issued by BEIS
- An update on TCFD was also featured in our November ’21 issue of the Director’s Knowhow (member only content)
Members expressed the value they gained from hearing directly from a member of the Best Practice Principles for Shareholder Voting Research Providers Group (BPPG). Understanding the mechanics and inputs into voting practices proved to be insight they had not seen before.