Don't forget to make the most of your membership by downloading PDF copies of our best practice guides – free of charge – which we hope will create better value for your membership with us. All guides are developed with board members in mind to help them tackle the myriad of issues that small and mid-size quoted companies face.
We publish four guides:
- Our Corporate Governance Guide for Small and Mid-Size Quoted Companies helps quoted companies put into practice appropriate corporate governance arrangements and encourage positive engagement between companies and shareholders. Focusing on 12 principles and a set of minimum disclosures, the QCA Code encourages companies to consider how or whether they should apply each principle to achieve good governance and provide quality explanations to their shareholders about what they have done;
- Our Remuneration Committee Guide For Small and Mid-Size Quoted Companies supports members of remuneration committees, and those who support them, to develop effective remuneration packages for executive directors and senior management in a fair and reasonable manner; and
- Our Audit Committee Guide for Small and Mid-Size Quoted Companies assists audit committee chairmen and members in being more effective in their roles, so that they are able to meet the expectations of investors and comply with regulatory best practice for small and mid-size quoted companies.
- Our QCA-IRS Option Valuer is a comprehensive, DIY kit that helps you value your share options under the accounting rules IFRS2/FRS20.
In order for members to be able to download our pdf guides free of charge, you must have a Quoted Companies Alliance website login. Your username is your email address and you can request your password by clicking 'Login' in the top right corner of any page on our website. If you require a login, then please email our Membership Executive Sandra Mallia.
Non-members can purchase our guides through the website.
Please remember that our guides continue to be for individual-use only and are copyrighted material.
In addition to our guides, we have also published a range of publications (free to all) over the last year:
- Our position paper – Future of the UK market structure for quoted companies – sets out our vision for the future of UK capital markets post-Brexit so that they remain vibrant, efficient and are able to continue generating growth and jobs.
- A board effectiveness questionnaire – which we have developed with Mazars – which enables boards to stand back and assess its strengths and areas for development.
- Our QCA-RSM Small and Mid-Cap Investor Survey which provides an invaluable insight into how institutional investors view the market and what companies can do to attract and retain their attention.
- Our QCA-UHY Hacker Young Corporate Governance Behaviour Review which benchmarks corporate governance disclosures made by 100 small and mid-size quoted companies against the minimum disclosures of our Corporate Governance Code.