The QCA’s Legal Expert Group has put together some information for QCA member companies on the new UK National Security and Investment Bill 2019-21 (NSI Bill), which may have some implications for your business.
The note explains the background to the NSI Bill, which will give the Government new powers to intervene in transactions to protect national security concerns, and answers some key questions, including:
- What types of transactions will the new regime apply to?
- Who will the Bill apply to?
- Who are the mandatory filing obligations for?
- What is the voluntary filing mechanism?
- What will the assessment entail?
- Are there any sanctions?
- Is there any guidance for businesses?
- What do I need to do?
Read the full note here.
We hope you find this article useful, but please note that it is for general information purposes only and is not a substitute for specific legal or other advice. If you have any comments or questions, please contact email@example.com.