The Quoted Companies Alliance Annual Conference – Engineering Growth for Small and Mid-Size Quoted Companies – took place on 4 June 2015. Nearly 200 attendees, including quoted company directors, advisors to the sector, investors, brokers, market makers and journalists, heard about the key issues affecting the growth of quoted companies and public equity markets more generally.
Sir Win Bischoff, Chairman of the Financial Reporting Council (FRC) in his Keynote Morning Speech said “Better communication needs to be stimulated between investors and smaller companies”.
Helena Morrissey, CBE, Chief Executive Officer of Newton Investment Management said “Companies need to embrace diversity if they are to flourish in a fast changing environment” in her Keynote Afternoon Speech.
The conference featured three panel sessions on:
- Facilitating or hindering growth: The effect of the political environment on business,
- The evolution of a small and mid-size company: Interviews with directors about growing successful businesses and
- How to get investors’ attention: fund manager Q&A.
During the afternoon session we held four breakout sessions on:
- Navigating changes in audit and risk, Debt funding options for listed mid-market companies,
- Making the market work for you, and
- Delivering growth through corporate governance.
The date of the 2016 conference will be announced shortly. Please feel free to send us through ideas and thoughts on what topics and speakers we should include in our 2016 conference programme by emailing Samantha Green.