The Quoted Companies Alliance (QCA), the representative body for the UK’s small and mid-cap quoted companies, is holding a number of events this Spring throughout the regions to help companies navigate their way through the current economic climate effectively and efficiently. These events have been designed especially for quoted companies and their directors, offering them a practical, focused approach to issues the sector is currently facing, such as lack of liquidity, increased delistings and decline in investor activity.
These forums will explore what companies should be doing to make sure that they can identify and make the most of available opportunities and emerge from the recession healthy and strong. At the forums, companies will have the opportunity to hear first-hand from various experts in the small-cap arena, including:
- Bankers, who will present their views on the availability of bank finance, how decisions on credit are made and what quoted companies should be doing to maximise bank support;
- Professional Advisers, who will outline restructuring and financing options available to companies; and
- The Financial Reporting Council, who will discuss what companies should be communicating to the market in their financial publications.
The QCA’s Spring 2009 Regional Forums are being held in:
- London – Wednesday 6 May 2009
- Reading – Thursday 7 May 2009
- Milton Keynes – Wednesday 13 May 2009
- Manchester – Tuesday 19 May 2009
- Newcastle – Wednesday 3 June 2009
- Glasgow – Monday 8 June 2009
The discussion forums will run from 4 – 6pm and include short talks by guest speakers, followed by an off-the-record Question and Answer session and networking over drinks and canapés. Entry is free for member companies of the Quoted Companies Alliance and £60 plus VAT for non-members.