Press Release: For immediate release 20 October 2022
Quoted Companies Alliance announces new Chair
Judith MacKenzie, Partner, Downing LLP, has taken over as Chair of the Quoted Companies Alliance (QCA) following its Annual General Meeting which took place on 20 October 2022.
The following further changes to the QCA’s Board of Directors have been announced:
- Adam McConkey, Portfolio Manager, Lombard Odier Asset Management (Europe) Ltd, has stepped down as Chair. He will remain as a director of the QCA.
- Reappointed to the board by the QCA membership are:
– Georgina Brittain, Managing Director and Portfolio Manager, J.P. Morgan Asset Management International Equity Group
– Peter Harris, Chief Financial Officer, Next 15 Communications Group PLC
– Scott Knight, Head of Audit, BDO LLP
– Claire Noyce, Founding Partner and Chief Executive, Hybridan LLP
– Gary Thorpe, Non-Executive Director
- Peter Simmonds, Non-Executive Director, D4T4 Solutions plc, Cloudcall Group plc and Philip Yarrow, (Former) Chief Executive, Winterflood Securities Ltd, have stepped down from the board. We thank both Peter and Phillip for their significant contribution to the work of the board and to the QCA more generally.
Judith MacKenzie, Chair of the QCA, said:
“It is a great honour to become Chair of the Board of the QCA. Over the past 6 years, my own involvement as QCA board member has highlighted how important it is to have an organisation that is dedicated to championing the interests of small and mid-sized quoted companies. I look forward to the challenge of taking over from Adam McConkey, whose leadership and enthusiasm I hope to match, and will also continue, with dedication, to work on behalf of the membership and the wider small and mid-cap community.“
Tim Ward, Chief Executive of the QCA, said:
“It is a pleasure to welcome Judith to the role as Chair of the QCA. Having worked with her over the past 6 years, I know she brings a wealth of knowledge and experience that will provide strong and exemplary leadership for the QCA.”
– Ends –
Judith MacKenzie – Biography
Judith is a Partner of Downing LLP having joined Downing in October 2009. Previously she was a partner at Acuity Capital managing AIM-quoted VCT and IHT investments and a small-cap activist fund. Prior to Acuity, Judith spent nine years as a senior investment manager with Aberdeen Asset Management Growth Capital as Co-manager of the five Aberdeen VCTs, focussing on technology and media investments in both listed and private companies. Judith founded Downing Fund Managers in 2010, the boutique investment arm of Downing LLP. She is an active member on boards both in the private and public arenas.
Notes to the Editor:
Judith MacKenzie became a QCA board member in May 2015 and has taken over from Adam McConkey as Chair of the QCA from October 2022.
Contact & Image Requests
Communications Officer, The Quoted Companies Alliance
T: 020 7397 8140
About the QCA
The Quoted Companies Alliance brings small and mid-sized quoted companies together to build one voice to help create an environment where these businesses can grow and deliver sustainable long-term benefits for investors and wider society.
We believe that our members have huge potential, but they need a public market environment conducive to growth to allow them to attain it. We enable this environment by influencing policy and regulation, informing our members through surveys, research and guides and creating interaction through workshops, webinars, networking events and exclusive meetings.
Our members are quoted on the Main Market, AIM and AQUIS. Informed by our 7 Expert Groups, we campaign to ensure that regulation is proportionate and enables growth, whilst maintaining the necessary protections for investors.
Find out more about us at www.theqca.com/about-us/​​​​​​